north east cricket forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Czech American

3 posters

Go down

Czech American Empty Czech American

Post  tranthuongbn Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:52 am

The first documented case of the entry of Czechs to the North American shores is of Joachim Gans of Prague, who came to Roanoke, North Carolina in 1585 with an expedition of explorers organized by Sir Walter Raleigh (1552–1618).
Augustine Herman (1621–1686) was the first documented Czech settler. He was a surveyor and skilled draftsman, successful planter and developer of new lands, a shrewd and enterprising merchant, a bold politician and effective diplomat, fluent in several languages. After coming to New Amsterdam (present New York) he became one of the most influential people in the Dutch Province which led to his appointment to the Council of Nine to advise the New Amsterdam Governor Peter Stuyvesant. One of his greatest achievements was his celebrated map of Maryland and Virginia commissioned by Lord Baltimore on which he began working in earnest after removing to the English Province of Maryland. Lord Baltimore - Cćcilius Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore - was so pleased with the map that he rewarded Herman with a large estate, named by Herman "Bohemia Manor", and the hereditary title Lord.
There was another Bohemian living in New Amsterdam at that time, Frederick Philipse (1626–1720), who became equally famous. He was a successful merchant who, eventually, became the wealthiest person in the entire Dutch Province. Philipse was originally from Bohemia, from an aristocratic Protestant family who had to leave their native land to save their lives, after the Thirty Years' War.

foro de novias
assortment of landscapes

tranthuongbn
leg end

Back to top Go down

Czech American Empty Re: Czech American

Post  teentit4n Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:19 am

http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/cyrinst.html
http://www.dealcatcher.com/everything-else
Air Tran Airways – Nationwide Air Fares Sale – Starting at $49 Each Way

Air Tran Airways sale

* Book your tickets by 1/13 at 11:59pm ET
* Travel to/from Florida valid through 3/16
* 10 day advanced purchase required
twitter followers
Solar installers sacramento area

teentit4n
phil tuffnell

Back to top Go down

Post  nirvana Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:36 am

Richie Richardson named West Indies cricket manager

Richardson retired from cricket in 1996
West Indies great Richie Richardson has been appointed team manager on a two-year contract.
Richardson, a 49-year-old former West Indies captain and batsman, retired from cricket in 1996.
He played 86 tests and 224 one-day internationals, and joins coach Ottis Gibson for the tour of Sri Lanka this month for three one-day internationals.
"I feel tremendously honoured to be once again asked to serve West Indies cricket," said Richardson.
Richardson scored a total of 21 centuries and 71 fifties in international cricket and joins at a crucial time, with the World Cup starting next month.

606: DEBATE
Have your say on this story
"I believe that it is critical for me to lend support to the efforts to re-develop the sport in the region," added Richardson.
"As a former player and captain, I gave my all for West Indies cricket on the field.
"We are at the cusp of a new era and it is now time for me to contribute off the field and aid in the building and resurgence of West Indies cricket."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
biludlejning norge
Dating Websites

nirvana
steve harmisson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down