north east cricket forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are Chelsea still favourites?

Go down

Why are Chelsea still favourites? Empty Why are Chelsea still favourites?

Post  ajaybali Thu May 06, 2010 1:08 am

For the bookies, anyway, to claim the League title. I can't see it, not with the games remaining now. Chelsea still go to;
Spurs - not won there since the 2005/06 season in the League, since then they've lost twice and had that amazing 4-4 draw.

Man Utd - Not won at Old Trafford since May 2005, lost 3 out of their last 4 visits.

Liverpool - Last win at Anfield, 4-1 in 2005(06), since then they've lost 2 out of the last 3 visits, getting 1 draw with a fortunate penalty.

I believe these three games will destroy Chelsea's league season, they also play Wolves, Blackburn and Pompey (if they still exist). Going by previous away games I can see them struggling in all those games, they might manage a couple of away wins, but they have a mentality of scoring and then trying to protect the lead and they've been pegged back by Villa, Man City and Everton doing that.

Home games are no easy pickings; they got Bolton who usually give them a tough game at the Bridge. Only two wins, one defeat and three draws since the Abramovic era.

Aston Villa have always been a handful, last season was one of the best performances against them at the Bridge, but Chelsea often struggle against them, drawing 3 out of last 4.

They also have Stoke, West Ham and Man City to come.

Man U might still drop points, I don't think they'll drop as much as Chelsea, though they have have some tricky away games.

I know football isn't played on paper, but if you look at United's remaining fixtures can you really see them slipping?

HOME: Fulham, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham, Stoke
AWAY: Blackburn, Bolton, Everton, Man City, Sunderland, Wolves

I'm not ruling out Arsenal either, I can see them winning all of their remaining games.

HOME: Burnley, Fulham, Man City, Sunderland, West Ham, Wolves
AWAY: Birmingham (odds on Gallas having a sulk?), Blackburn, Hull, Stoke, Spurs, Wigan.

I believe Man U and Arsenal will battle it out for the title, both teams have been out performing their opponents in recent games whilst Chelsea, especially away from home, have been very poor.

Why are the pundits so afraid to write off Chelsea?

auto parts
outdoor advertising

ajaybali
Gimp boy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum